Hi Framers,

I have an Access database which holds records for a crime fiction story, collaboratively written by a number of authors. On a repeating basis, I need to "publish" this story in a form which I can then attach to a website so that readers (and the collaborating authors) can see how the story is doing. Originally I posted each author as webpage using basic html, unremarkably named "Chapter X", but now I’m moving the story around, so I would like to maintain the story in only one place, i.e. in the Access database.

I am unable to use any of Access’ tools for exporting to XML or Text or Excel and import into either Word or Frame. (They all fail). I am able to export directly from an Access report to a pdf but this has the disadvantage that I manually have to add Bookmarks, etc., so I am thinking of getting the data into Frame and then using MicroType’s Frame-to-Acrobat tools.

The story itself is in BookComponent.StoryText. The order of the BookComponents is goverened by BookComponent.Sortnum.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Theresa

P.S. In case you happen to like crime fiction, we’ve got some great (and famous) authors, so please visit our story:
http://www.reviewsbytdev.com/content/Whos-Murdering-Crime-Fiction