From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Davis, David
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:21 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: "Do not use the Courier(r) font when Adobe Type Manager(r) is turned
off"

Hi folks.
After not using Frame day-to-day for a few years, I've finally landed a
contract where they want me to use it...
So I am just finding out what's new in Frame 11 and reading through all the
docs.

Not wanting to bombard the list with minutiae, but there are some quite odd
things buried in the Frame help files that look like they've been there since
the 1990s -
E.g. in "Home / Using FrameMaker 11 / Templates and Page Layout / Formats >
Fonts" I found this little oddball:

-      "Do not use the Courier(r) font when Adobe Type Manager(r) is turned off
or not installed. If you do use Courier without ATM, FrameMaker products do not
accurately display the Courier font."

Lol what on earth is that about? Adobe Type Manager hasn't been needed for
working with PostScript Type1 fonts since Windows 2000!

David