On 2013-Aug-27 2:12 PM, Karen Robbins wrote:
Hi Framers,

Forgive me if I asked this before, I can't seem to locate a solution in my archives.

This morning I opened Frame and my docked designers/palettes have all but disappeared.

Yesterday, Find/Change, Replace Font, Marker, Paragraph, Character, Table, Object Properties, and a few others were docked together on my desktop. Today, only Find/Change and Replace Font are there; the rest have evaporated. Oh sure, I can reopen them from their menus. But why does my workspace change without cause? Obviously it's a huge waste of time to open palettes every day (or random days, since I never know when this will happen).

Thanks,
Karen

I don't know why they disappear, but the way to restore them quickly is to set them up the way you like and then Save the workspace with a suitable name. Then when things go wonky, just choose the Reset command. (All done from the workspace dropdown menu at the right end of the menu bar.)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator