I am working on a FrameMaker 7 (Win 8) document with callouts in anchored
frames set up so that they can be dragged into precise position alongside text
in the main flow.

Seems kind of old school, but it works beautifully for this document -- except
that Acrobat arbitrarily shifts all the callouts a half inch to the left.

I am sure there must be a better solution than manually repositioning each
callout in FM (to a spot where it doesn't belong), and then checking to see if
it came out OK in the PDF...

Seem to recall encountering and finding a solution to the same issue a few ages
ago, but haven't been able to recall or dig up the fix anywhere.

Any hints much appreciated.