I began to wonder whether some programmatic file of FrameMaker had been
corrupted. Robert Lauriston suggested "refreshing" (my term) \ maker.ini.
So, I found a separately-saved version of my \ maker.ini and replaced the one
that FrameMaker was using.
All is well again.
My hearty "¡Thanks!" to all who responded and offered suggestions and help.
From: Stamm, David-P45904
Sent: 2013-09-26-Thursday 11:20
To: FrameMaker user's list posting
Subject: Missing title bar, disappearing Application bar
Windows 7 Enterprise operating system, 64-bit, 8 GB RAM
FrameMaker 22.214.171.1244, interface: Structured
working with unstructured .book and its "children"
Within the last two weeks for no reason that I can determine, the behavior of
FrameMaker's interface has changed such that:
1. The title bar no longer appears.
2. When I focus on a "child" file, the "Application bar" appears above the
3. When I choose _anything_ in the .book window, the "Application bar"
disappears. This shifts everything up.
4. When I focus on a "child" file, the "Application bar" reappears above
the menu bar. This shifts everything down.
Seeing this oh, say, a hundred times a day is _very_ frustrating and a _lot_ of
"visual load" that I don't want.
I want the interface to:
1. Display the title bar.
1. Not display the "Application bar."
2. Display the icons from the "Application bar" on the menu bar and to the
right of the menu names.
¡I hope that one or more of you gurus will provide the solution soon!
You are currently subscribed to framers as arch...@mail-archive.com.
Send list messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.