Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 16:42:07 -0700
From: Robert Lauriston <rob...@lauriston.com>
To: "framers@lists.frameusers.com Forum"
        <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: Adobe was hacked

What different mechanisms? Except for TurboTax at Costco, I've been buying all
my software online for over ten years. Most of it's not available through other
channels.

Credit card fraud's annoying since I have to get a new card and number two or
three times a year, but online purchases are less of a risk than a restaurant
or dry cleaner.

This reminds me of the arguments people born in the 1920s make against using
ATM machines.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Alan T Litchfield <a...@alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:
> The increased threat is the adoption of subscription payments where
> previously different mechanisms were used to pay for this stuff. Now,
> much is online and therefore vulnerable.

End of framers Digest, Vol 96, Issue 5
**************************************

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please select the Legal Entities link at invensys.com.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
recept...@invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).