Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:09:31 +1300
From: "Rod Fee" <rod...@xtra.co.nz>
To: <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Differences in screen fonts not appearing in printed or pdf
        docs

Hi guys,

I have written a book, an experimental academic novel,  in Framemaker
10.0.2.419 which has three frames per page and in each I use a slightly
different font and want to preserve that.

The three fonts I am using are:

Garamond Opentype

Adobe Garamond Pro Opentype

Bembo Truetype

On the screen these three fonts are clearly identifiable as different to one
another.

When I:

a.       save to pdf and view on the screen; or

b.      print to my printer from the pdf; or

c.       print to my printer from the native FM files

the difference in fonts becomes minimal to the extent that I cannot tell them
apart.

I am thinking that it is not a printer driver issue because of the pdf
experience.

My OS is Windows 8

My Printer is a Brother HL-2270DW series b&w laser printer

Any hints/clues/advice/help would be appreciated.

If there is another alternative series of three fonts that are very close but
visibly subtly different anyone can suggest I would also appreciate such advice.

The reason I am wanting to use different fonts is that in the final chapter of
the work, the fonts are nixed depending on which of the three layers of
narrative they  originate from and I want to make that clear to a discerning
reader without making it look too varied and ruin the reading flow.

Kind regards,

Rod Fee

Auckland, New Zealand

rod...@xtra.co.nz