Thanks for this

Sorry to anyone else who has possibly responded; I've been pulled away to a
different project and haven't had time to catch up with the framers list.

From: rebecca officer [mailto:rebecca.offi...@alliedtelesis.co.nz]
Sent: 17 October 2013 02:48
To: Alastair Dent; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Interim tables of contents

Hi Alastair

I just read this, have been busy lately. In case you're still looking for an
answer, it's easy: just open the chapter, go to Special > Table of Contents. If
it asks whether you want to generate a Standalone TOC, say yes. Create the TOC
with the desired set of paragraph tags. Then save the resulting TOC file and
import it as a text inset at the start of your chapter.

To update it, create the TOC again, as above, and then update the text inset.

If you've got any questions, let me know.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Alastair Dent <alastair.d...@imgtec.com<mailto:alastair.d...@imgtec.com>>
>>> 3/10/13 22:27 >>>
Is there any way of generating an interim table of contents in a document?

For example, if I have a large chapter, generating a list of the chapter
headings at the start of the chapter.

Alastair Dent
Technical Author
Imagination Technologies Limited
t: +44 (0)113 242 9814
www.imgtec.com<http://www.imgtec.com/>

>>> Alastair Dent <alastair.d...@imgtec.com<mailto:alastair.d...@imgtec.com>>
>>> 3/10/13 22:27 >>>
Is there any way of generating an interim table of contents in a document?

For example, if I have a large chapter, generating a list of the chapter
headings at the start of the chapter.

Alastair Dent
Technical Author
Imagination Technologies Limited
t: +44 (0)113 242 9814
www.imgtec.com<http://www.imgtec.com/>

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.