Thanks, Fred.  At least I learned something.  'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
probably applies here.

Thanks, everybody for the responses!

-Ed Lightle

From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docu...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:01 AM
To: Ed Lightle; Shmuel Wolfson; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: FM, How to Delete Unused Conditional Text Names from a Book

Note that if any of the unused conditions are still defined in any of the
chapter files, the names will reappear in the book file the next time you do an
Update Book operation.

Also note that a book file cannot contain conditional text *markers* as you
originally asked about. Conditional text markers are non-printing symbols that
appear in a text flow to encapsulate hidden conditionalized content when the
content's condition(s) is set to hide rather than show. Since the book file has
no text flows, it cannot contain markers. What it *does* contain is a compiled
list of the names of all the conditions that exist in any of the component .fm
files. Yes, I'm being picky about terminology, but conditional text is
complicated enough (and misunderstood enough by many users) that there's no
need to add more confusion.

-Fred Ridder