From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 3:24 PM
To: Frame Users (framers@lists.frameusers.com)
Subject: Re: FM9 files on network - logical network drive X:

I don't believe there has been any change in that behavior. People with FM11
have reported the usual problems.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Stephen O'Brien <sobr...@innovmetric.com>
wrote:

Hi,

(Windows7, FM9)

The server (ex. \\Server <file:///\\Server> ) that houses our FM files is
assigned a logical drive X:. I believe this has something to do with
protecting against viruses. FM does not like this.

For example, when an image is imported into a FM document using the X: path,
the image blinks in the FM document, as if FM continually updates the
definition of X: and the image path becomes momentarily unknown and then
becomes known (and so the blinking where the image is displayed and then
appears in gray and so on).

Now I realize that some cross-references to other FM documents contain X: in
the target document path.  FM does not like that either. May crash because
of this.

Our IT guy says that the X: cannot be removed (same profile for all). My
team of tech writers usually uses a shortcut (defined correctly from
\\Server <file:///\\Server> ) to open books/documents but someone always
forgets. I now have scripts that check the path for x-refs and images
imported by reference.

Does anyone know if this problem exists in later versions of FM (10 or 11)?
That would solve this problem once and for all.

Many thanks,

Stephen O'BRIEN
Coordonnateur à la documentation et rédacteur technique senior |
Documentation Coordinator and Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels | Software
 <mailto:sobr...@innovmetric.com> sobr...@innovmetric.com
T (1) 418.688.2061
F (1) 418.688.3001

 <http://www.innovmetric.com/>    <http://www.youtube.com/polyworks/>
<http://www.facebook.com/InnovMetric>    <http://www.twitter.com/PolyWorks>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/100086255572014990082/posts>

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Ce message peut contenir des
renseignements confidentiels appartenant exclusivement à InnovMetric
Logiciels inc. ou à ses filiales. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire indiqué
dans ce message (ou responsable de livrer ce message à la personne indiquée
ou prévue) ou si vous pensez que ce message vous a été adressé par erreur,
vous ne pouvez pas utiliser ou reproduire ce message, ni le livrer à
quelqu’un d’autre. Dans ce cas, veuillez le retourner à l’expéditeur et le
détruire. Proprietary confidential information belonging to InnovMetric
Software Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you
are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible
for delivering this message to such a person), or you think for any reason
that this message may have been addressed to you by mistake, you may not use
or copy this message, or deliver it to anyone else. In which case, notify
the sender and destroy the e-mail.

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/robert%40lauriston.com

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>