From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Stephen O'Brien
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 8:50 PM
To: Frame Users (framers@lists.frameusers.com)
Subject: FM9 files on network - logical network drive X:

Hi,

(Windows7, FM9)

The server (ex. \\Server<file:///\\Server>) that houses our FM files is
assigned a logical drive X:. I believe this has something to do with protecting
against viruses. FM does not like this.

For example, when an image is imported into a FM document using the X: path,
the image blinks in the FM document, as if FM continually updates the
definition of X: and the image path becomes momentarily unknown and then
becomes known (and so the blinking where the image is displayed and then
appears in gray and so on).

Now I realize that some cross-references to other FM documents contain X: in
the target document path.  FM does not like that either. May crash because of
this.

Our IT guy says that the X: cannot be removed (same profile for all). My team
of tech writers usually uses a shortcut (defined correctly from
\\Server<file:///\\Server>) to open books/documents but someone always forgets.
I now have scripts that check the path for x-refs and images imported by
reference.

Does anyone know if this problem exists in later versions of FM (10 or 11)?
That would solve this problem once and for all.

Many thanks,

Stephen O'BRIEN
Coordonnateur à la documentation et rédacteur technique senior | Documentation
Coordinator and Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels | Software
sobr...@innovmetric.com<mailto:sobr...@innovmetric.com>
T (1) 418.688.2061
F (1) 418.688.3001
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEE43A.DCAE4E50]<http://www.innovmetric.com/>
[cid:image002.jpg@01CEE43A.DCAE4E50] <http://www.youtube.com/polyworks/>
[cid:image003.jpg@01CEE43A.DCAE4E50] <http://www.facebook.com/InnovMetric>
[cid:image004.jpg@01CEE43A.DCAE4E50] <http://www.twitter.com/PolyWorks>
[cid:image005.jpg@01CEE43A.DCAE4E50]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/100086255572014990082/posts>
AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ/CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Ce message peut contenir des
renseignements confidentiels appartenant exclusivement à InnovMetric Logiciels
inc. ou à ses filiales. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire indiqué dans ce
message (ou responsable de livrer ce message à la personne indiquée ou prévue)
ou si vous pensez que ce message vous a été adressé par erreur, vous ne pouvez
pas utiliser ou reproduire ce message, ni le livrer à quelqu'un d'autre. Dans
ce cas, veuillez le retourner à l'expéditeur et le détruire. Proprietary
confidential information belonging to InnovMetric Software Inc. and its
affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivering this
message to such a person), or you think for any reason that this message may
have been addressed to you by mistake, you may not use or copy this message, or
deliver it to anyone else. In which case, notify the sender and destroy the
e-mail.

________________________________

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the
use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>

<<inline: image003.jpg>>

<<inline: image004.jpg>>