Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:31:04 -0500
From: Fred Ridder <docu...@hotmail.com>
To: Beverly Robinson <beverly_robin...@datacard.com>,
        "framers@lists.frameusers.com" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: RE: Character Tag "As Is" setting--isn't

You've identified one of the long-standing inconsistencies in the FrameMaker
UI.  In the Size box of the Character Designer dialog, the "as is" state is
indicated by emptiness. Same with Spread and Stretch. All three of these
properties allow a continuous range of values rather than being picked from a
finite list, and I suspect that this fact complicated the ability to explicitly
indicate "As Is" in the box for some reason.

If you have already applied the Hyperlink tag to anything when it had a
specified size of 11 pt, that size is now a property of the text. It will not
change when you redefine the character format of the tag to be "as is" because
the "as is" size is 11 pt. If the character tag is applied within the
cross-reference format, I believe you'll need to reinsert the cross-reference
to get the oversize characters to revert to the underlying paragraph
specification for your table footnote.

-Fred Ridder