I've got documentation in structured FrameMaker 10 and Mif2Go. I've produced
Eclipse Help routinely in the past, but for the first time, we're creating a
user interface in Visual Studio. We want to integrate the Help so that a button
or menu item in the UI will open a Help window, complete with a table of
contents and search facility. An index would be nice, and context-sensitive
links to the documentation would be nice, but are lower priority.

The software is intended for Windows operating systems only, and it's supposed
to be a standalone installation-no internet or network required.

We are considering Microsoft HTML Help, but have a few concerns because it
seems somewhat dated and lacking in active development on Microsoft's part. We
are also considering standalone Eclipse Help because it's being maintained and
we can leverage our previous experience, but we are somewhat daunted by its
size and the fact that we couldn't find anyone using it when they aren't
producing an Eclipse-based product. WebHelp requires us to buy RoboHelp, which
isn't out of the question, but I'm not sure we can justify the cost because we
don't need it to run cross-platform nor from a server, and our developer is a
bit concerned about the uncompiled set of output files being too easy for
customers to mess with. Could anyone suggest any other Help formats we should
look at? Can anyone endorse a Help format or tell us which ones we should
avoid? Can anyone (besides Jeremy :)) tell me about their experience with
OmniHelp?

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator
Medical and Wireless Division
feimin.lore...@onsemi.com<mailto:feimin.lore...@onsemi.com>
+1 519-884-9696 ext. 2229 | Waterloo office
+1 519-831-4931 | mobile
+1 905-631-5724 | fax
www.onsemi.com<http://www.onsemi.com/>