From: Jeremy H. Griffith [mailto:jer...@omsys.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:58 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Cc: Fei Min Lorente
Subject: Re: Choosing a Help Format

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:41:52 +0000, Fei Min Lorente <feimin.lore...@onsemi.com>
wrote:

>I've got documentation in structured FrameMaker 10 and Mif2Go. I've produced
>Eclipse Help routinely in the past, but for the first time, we're creating a
>user interface in Visual Studio. We want to integrate the Help so that a
>button or menu item in the UI will open a Help window, complete with a table
>of contents and search facility. An index would be nice, and context-sensitive
>links to the documentation would be nice, but are lower priority.

If you want it to run within VS, you have only one choice:
the current MS Help Viewer.  The support group for it is
<mshelpvie...@yahoogroups.com>; Rob Chandler runs it.  We have current
customers producing it with Mif2Go.

More links to resources for it in the User's Guide, par. 7.1.1, "Considering
Help-system features".

And I wouldn't worry about OmniHelp "losing files", LOL!
That use of small files is what makes it way faster than the alternatives.
None ever get lost.  ;-)

But really, Help Viewer is the only one that works within VS as you want.  MS
has made very sure of that.  <g>

  <jer...@omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/