co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 | m...@mattrsullivan.com

@mattrsullivan LinkedIn facebook mattrsullivan.com

On Nov 20, 2013, at 12:53 AM, "Davis, David" <david.da...@invensys.com> wrote:

Cheers Matt,
Yes I totally agree with your ‘bottom line’ –
But surely this is a bug? The Character Designer dialog box (or “pod” as they seem to want to call it now) just simply isn’t behaving consistently and doing what it says it does.
There is nothing I can see about this issue in the user docs

David

From: Matt Sullivan [mailto:matt@mattrsullivan.com]
Sent: 20 November 2013 03:58

Bottom line: Never update a character tag with your cursor in the text flow. Unless you like screwed up tags.

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys Group, owned by Invensys plc, which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within the Invensys Group, please select the Legal Entities link at invensys.com.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail recept...@invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).