Last July, I posted this question to the Acrobat Community and got nowhere. So I'm asking here in hope that I can find someone who has had this problem and was able to fix it.

I'm using Acrobat XI Pro (fully updated to 11.0.05) on Windows7 (fully patched). When I try to use the Read Out Loud feature on a PDF, Acrobat shuts down. I am able to turn on (activate) the Read Out Loud feature, but when I select Read to End of Page or Read This Document, Acrobat crashes. PDFs are version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x). They were created in Acrobat Distiller 11 using the default Press job option settings. The documents are 100% accessible and are fully tagged.

I have been unable to use Read Out Loud since I upgraded from Acrobat 9 Pro last January. I've read dozens of articles on "how to prepare your PDFs for accessibility" but this PDF is straight text--no tables, captions, etc. Just text. No complicated reading order. So for the life of me I can't figure out what to do to get the thing to read to me. I never had a problem before Acrobat 11 and I've never had to "do" anything to prepare the PDF.

Help!

Carol

******************************************
Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.awrittenword.com
*******************************************

_______________________________________________


You are currently subscribed to framers as [email protected].

Send list messages to [email protected].

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email protected]
or visit 
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/archive%40mail-archive.com

Send administrative questions to [email protected]. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Reply via email to