Greetings everyone,

I've created a book in FrameMaker, consisting of about 25 Frame files. There is
nothing extraordinary about the book, just chapters,
mostly text, a ToC, an index, and some standard front matter. Using FM 8 on Win
7.

The book is to be printed in a 6"x9" format. In the Frame template, I used 8.5
x 11 pages, then set the margins large enough, so
that the text, headers, footers, etc. would all fit perfectly inside a 6.9
page, including the margins on the 6.9 page. I assumed
that a print shop would be able to take such a PDF file and put it on press on
any machine that print shop has.

Now, the print shop, with which I have no direct contact, apparently says it
can't use that, wants me to convert the book to 6.9
pages. I say "apparently", because this is a game of telephone, and I actually
have no idea what the print shop actually said.
Charming, eh? :)

1. Does my assumption, namely, that a print shop should be able to take the PDF
I created and put it up on any reasonable press,
make sense? (I ask, because I need to decide whether I should "fix" this on my
nickel or theirs. If I'm making a reasonable
assumption, then theirs; if not, then of course, mine.)

2. If I need to change the page size in FrameMaker and recreate the PDF, am I
better off changing the template and importing it into
the existing book files, or am I better off changing the template and then
pasting the content into the template, one chapter at a
time, resaving each file as I go? Or is there a third, better option? (It's a
one-off project, no one is going to pay to automate
anything, whatever is done, will be done manually.) Also, if I end up doing
this, is there something special I need to know WRT
Acrobat settings I would use in FrameMaker?

Thank you kindly,

Elchanan