Umm, activation via Internet can be circumvented by calling Adobe and getting
an activation from them. I'm pretty sure you can access the same help material
as PDF or AIRHelp on your local firewalled install (same as it's been for a
while now).

From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Simon BUCH
Sent: January-15-14 5:39 AM
To: 'Framers'
Subject: Re: FrameMaker 12 released

I've taken a quick look at this new release.

a. There's still no right-to-left language support.

b. There's still the requirement for activation via internet, and the help
pages reference material on web pages.
This makes the product impractical for customers on military/corporate grade
networks with no internet access.

c. In Kapil VERMA's blog entry, there's a section about "Licensing options":
    'Furthermore, we are providing both perpetual and subscription licensing
options on all our products. We do realize that the licensing needs of our
customers vary and hence, we are offering both the options for you. There is
also special upgrade pricing available as well as limited time promotional
price for some customers. Please refer to the product homepages for exact
pricing information (links below).'

Really?