Rick Quatro said:
> The FrameMaker Word import filter leaves a line-feed character at the end of
> each paragraph. You can't see it, but it is there and apparently affects your
> search. I routinely strip them out in my scripts. A MIF-wash should remove
> them.

I have seen exactly this too. But, as I recall, a MIF-wash did not clear it up
for me ... have not checked recently though.

If the file was not too large and I had a bit of time for initial cleanup, my
usual method was to bring it in as text and re-apply what FrameMaker paragraph
and character formats I needed.

A slow process (would take me a day or two for around less than 100 page
documents), but resulted in cleaner FM files ultimately. Also gave me a chance
to read the document and verify what I wanted it to say and look like. :)