Hi Rebecca...

For FM-DITA questions you'll probably get more replies by posting to the framemaker-dita Yahoo group.

Applying coloring/formatting to paragraphs via @outputclass is fairly easy by adding context rules to the <p> (or whatever) element definition that check for a match of that outputclass value and assigning the necessary paragraph tag or style overrides.

Doing the same with table cells is not so easy. While you can specify the overall table format based on the tgroup/@outputclass, there aren't any EDD context rules that you can use to assign properties to specific table cells or rows. Apparently FM11 added some new read/write rules that can assign these properties. I'm not familiar with setting these up, but you can read more about it in this post on the Adobe FrameMaker forum ..

    http://forums.adobe.com/message/6026704

BTW .. I'm in the process of developing a new feature in DITA-FMx that will allow you to specify outputclass values for rows and cells. This should be available in FMx 2.0 when that's released.

Cheers,

...scott