From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Lisa Freeman
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:33 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Master Page vs Body Page Text Boxes - How to Auto-Delete Blanks?

Hello Fellow Framers,

I am having a dilemma with Master Page Issues.

FrameMaker 10, Structured. I've been using FrameMaker for 15 years and never
run across this issue.

The left and right master pages have a text box in the footer area set to be
editable on the body pages. This is needed to track various revision dates.
When tags are displayed and edited, etc., more pages are added to
accommodate the expansion of data as they normally would be. But, when the
tags are turned off and it's time to create the output file (either printed
or PDF), the additional pages cannot be deleted because Frame doesn't see
them as "Empty".  The text box from the master pages is still on each of the
additional pages.

The pagination is set to "Delete Empty Pages". I have tried creating a blank
master page with and without the same and different text flows, tried
disconnecting the pages, and every other trick I know.

Maybe I've just been looking at this for too long, but if anyone can point
out something obvious that I am missing, please help!

Thanks in Advance!

Sincerely,

Lisa Freeman

Publication Support Analyst

 <http://www.oneil.com> O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.

495 Byers Rd.

Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662

Office: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3709

Fax: (937) 865-5858

E-mail: lfree...@oneil.com

REVOLUTIONIZING DOCUMENTATION >>> POWERING PRODUCT SUPPORT

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for
use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution
of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.