Hi Brenda
Fonts can lurk all over the place (we found one in an unused table
caption definition once - aargh). Check whether *most* of your text has
changed to the new fonts. If so, I think you're on the right track by
playing with the settings in the maker.ini file, but I'm no expert on
eexactly what changes to make.

>>> "George, Brenda (CAI)" <bgeo...@federatedinv.com> 5/03/14 08:57

My office recently upgraded to FrameMaker 11 in a Windows 7
environment. We previously used FrameMaker 8 | Windows XP.
We are in the process of replacing the following fonts:
Zapf Dingbats
With the following:
Courier New
ITC Zapf Dingbats Std Medium
I am having problems with Zapf Dingbats being replaced with ITC Zapf
Dingbats Std Medium. I have used the FrameMaker 11 fonts pod to update
these fonts for all of the appropriate FrameMaker files.
We use an automated process to create the FrameMaker files. The process
involves importing XML feeds into Structured FrameMaker 11 using an
automated process. After the XML has been imported, it is fully
formatted in FrameMaker 11. After I select the xml file to import and
the automated process is about to import the xml file into FrameMaker
11, the FrameMaker console is displaying this message:
The “Zapfdingbats” font is not available. 
It will be replaced by “AdobePiStd”.
The “Zapfdingbats” font is not available. 
It will be replaced by “AdobePiStd”.
The “Courier” font is not available. 
It will be replaced by “Courier New”.
When I view the fonts in this newly created FrameMaker 11 file in the
font pod, the “AdobePiStd” font is displayed as part of the fonts in
this file. I did update the Zapf Dingbats occurrences in the FrameMaker
template to ITC Zapf Dingbats Std Medium and I updated all of the other
systems files as well. I did update the FrameMaker Edd.
I looked at the maker.ini file and I noticed the following code:
; Font Entries Added in Frame 8 due to Font Set Changes
Zapfdingbats, *,*= Adobe Pi Std,*,*
In the automated process that I am using, when the xml feed is about to
be imported is this line of code causing FrameMaker 11 to override the
font changes that I made to all of the FrameMaker 11 files? Should I
change this line of code to this in order to fix the problem:
Zapfdingbats, *,*= ITC Zapf Dingbats Std,*,*
Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.
Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should
consider the contents of this message including any attachments to be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have received
this message in error, please contact Federated Investors immediately by
forwarding this email to not...@federatedinv.com and then delete this
message from your system. Saving, copying or disseminating an
inadvertently received email could violate state and Federal privacy
laws. All emails received by or sent from Federated may be provided to
regulators or law enforcement agencies, or used for other purposes
consistent with Federated's business interests. Thank you for your

NOTICE: This message contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the addressee
named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error please
notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender has the
authority to issue and specifically states them to
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.

You are currently subscribed to framers as arch...@mail-archive.com.

Send list messages to framers@lists.frameusers.com.

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
or visit 

Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Reply via email to