I'm generating PDFs out of Frame 11 and opening them in Acrobat 11 Pro in a Windows environment. I've discovered that the text in cross-references created in Framemaker cannot be annotated in Acrobat using the Strikethrough Text tool or the Insert Text at Cursor tool, and probably other tools as well. Because the text is a cross-reference, the user sees a hand cursor rather than a cross-hair or I-beam and is thus unable to annotate the text.

I've tried various combinations of holding the Control, Shift, and Alt keys down, but the hand cursor persists. Does anyone know a trick to force Acrobat to ignore the fact that text is a cross-reference and allow users to annotate the text?

Carol