Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:46:55 -0700
From: Scott Prentice <s...@leximation.com>
To: john.x.pos...@us.hsbc.com, framers
Subject: Re: URL Checker

You got me thinking about this. Here's some really basic ExtendScript
code that will iterate over all markers and check the text of "message
URL" Hypertext markers to see if they are valid files (on the local file

system). This would need to be cleaned up a bit to make it useful, but
definitely doable ..

var doc = app.ActiveDoc;
var marker = doc.FirstMarkerInDoc;
while (marker.id) {
 if (marker.MarkerTypeId.Name == "Hypertext") {
 var markerText = marker.MarkerText;
 if (markerText.substr(0,11) == "message URL") {
 var target = markerText.substr(12);
 // tests for local files
 var file = File(target);
 if (file.exists) {
 Console("GOOD ["+target+"]");
 } else {
 Console("BAD ["+target+"]");
 }
 }
 }
 marker = marker.NextMarkerInDoc;
}

It turns out that you can test for remote (web-based) URLs using the
Socket object.

Cheers,

...scott