Reason being that I've received occasional comments about the very tight
spacing and even I admit that it _does_ seem a bit too close. I'm thinking
perhaps a point or two lower would suffice.

If you don't see it the same way, leave it alone.

Remember, as I often tell folks, being a tech writer is truly thankless: while
it's common for folks to call and gush about how well this or that product
looks, works or feels, the only time we (generally speaking) get feedback is
when typos, missing punctuation, bad spellings, etc, occur. Oh, and when the
original poorly written (usually non-U.S.) documentation is shipped because
it's deemed "good enough".

Once in awhile, when casually discussing occupations with others and I mention
that I'm a technical writer, I'm sometimes asked, "Do you write fiction?" Those
who have seen some of my previous rants here will understand when I sometimes I
say "Yes."

-- Ken in Atlanta