I am using FrameMaker 12.0.2.389 and Acrobat 9.5.5 Pro Extended on a Windows 7
64-bit computer.

One of the projects I support would like to open a PDF User's Guide from the
user interface but, and here's the catch, they want to open to the specific
page of the PDF that applies to the page of the user interface. In other words,
they want the PDF to act like context-sensitive HTML help. And I want it to be
automatic. That is, I want to be able to insert markers in my .fm files that
survive the PDF creation process and I want the software developers I work with
to insert corresponding information in their code that will cause the PDF to
open to the relevant page of the PDF.

A colleague vaguely remembers doing something like this at another company but
thinks it was all post-processing after the PDF was created and that there was
significant software developer effort involved at each release. That would not
be acceptable.

In other words, I want something equivalent to a RoboHelp mapping file. Am I
asking for the impossible? If this is possible, please point me to the topics
in FrameMaker or Acrobat documentation that will get me started.
Thanks for any help you can give,
Beverly

P.S. Please copy me on replies. I'm on digest.