I'm sorry that I cannot contribute to the specific query, but I feel I have to
point out that there are very few keyboard shortcuts in FrameMaker that do not
require multiple keystrokes. The average seems to be about 3.5 to 4 keystrokes.

-Fred Ridder

From: dhard...@illinois.edu
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Keyboard shortcut to move into next footnote text flow?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:47:04 +0000

My apologies if I’m using incorrect terminology.

When I start a chapter via importing from Word, there’s a fair amount of
cleanup work I have to do re: footnotes. If my cursor is in a footnote  and I
want
 to jump to the next footnote (not to the footnote’s position in the main text,
but into the footnote text flow), is there a keyboard shortcut for doing so?

I have been able to search for the next footnote paragraph tag, and while that
works, (1) it’s multiple keystrokes, and more importantly (2) if the source
document
 was tagged inconsistently, the search will fail, jumping to a subsequent
footnote, meaning I still have to manually go through and fix the outliers.

I can fix #1 via AutoHotKey. #2 is a sticky problem.

If there is a shortcut, I’m unaware of it, and if there is a better object to
search for than the paragraph tag, I’m also ignorant of that.

I know that many people say to avoid importing from Word, but when you have
chapters that have 200-400 footnotes and as many index markers, trust me, you do
 NOT want to have to manually redo all of those…

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

P.S. FM12 (TCS5) on Windows Enterprise 64-bit, if it makes a difference.

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/docudoc%40hotmail.com