From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Keith Soltys
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:38 AM
To: Theresa de Valence; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Problems with documents imported from Word

I would not import Word into FrameMaker using the Word import filter. Given
that you are working with novels, which have a fairly simple format, I would
save the Word files as raw text, bring them into FrameMaker as text, and
completely reformat from scratch.

I am not sure why the export from PDF to text would cause you problems unless
the export isn't pure text.

Regards
Keith