I just posted a question about importing formats from a sidehead-enabled
template.
Here's a related question:
Assuming we can make the sidehead template work, we'd like to be able to
put some content over there, while keeping it in Text Flow A. That works
fine for a single paragraph - the following non-sidehead paragraph appears
in the main column just where we left off:

                           1 text text text
sidehead text        2 text text text
                           3 text text text

But if the sidehead text includes multiple paragraphs, then the subsequent
main column paragraphs are pushed below the level of the last sidehead para:

                          1 text text text
sidehead text
sidehead text
sidehead text
sidehead text       2 text text text
                          3 text text text

The sort of content we would put in the sidebar is Before You Begin, This
Section Includes, etc.

We need to keep it in Text Flow A because ultimately it all goes into a
knowledgebase with all the same content, but no sideheads.

I tried anchoring a text frame to the main column text and positioned over
there, but I cannot put any content into it. I define it as a text frame,
but it always reverts to a graphic frame.

Has anyone done this successfully?
--

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgamm...@actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*