To elaborate John's point on the importing of formats from one file to
another, the problem seems to stems from the fact that when the template is
applied to another document almost all of the formats are applied except
for one -- the Room for Side Heads object property is disabled for the text
frame on the body page.  However, all of the template format settings look
fine on the master pages.  Even when I reapplied the master page this still
did not change the Room for Side Heads text object property on the body
page.  To resolve this problem,  I selected the Object Properties for the
text frame on the body page and enabled Room for Side Heads.  This manual
updating of the text object property seemed to do the trick.

I am not sure if this Room for Side Heads object property issue is with
FrameMaker; it should accept 100% of the object property settings from a
template file.

Thanks,

Kurt

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *Kurt Kroeber   Principal Technical Writer *
*e* *kurt.kroe...@actifio.com <kurt.kroe...@actifio.com>*  *c* 617-803-9952
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Copy data virtualization. Free data from infrastructure, get more
resiliency, agility, and cloud.*