Are you trying to change all the tables in a document from one table tag to
another table tag, or are you trying to update all the properties of a
particular table tag?

If the first, you can do it using the Global Update option.

1. Put your cursor inside the one of the tables
2. Open Table Designer
3. Select the new table tag from the drop-down list
4. From the Commands drop-down, select Global Update options
5. Select "All Properties" and "All Tagged". Set All Tagged to the OLD
table tag (the one you want to change FROM)
6. Click Update. Click OK to confirm that you want to change all the tables
tagged with the OLD tag to the NEW tag.

If the second, open the Table Designer, update the properties, and click
Update All. All tables with the same tag will get the new properties.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Craig Ede <craig...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a job for an ExtendScript.
>
> Craig
>
> ------------------------------
> Subject: Copy Special for a Table Tag
> From: dixit.ponnuk...@tcs.com
> To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 22:49:39 +0530
>

> Hi,
> Just wanted to know if there is a way to apply the table properties
> through the "Copy Special" option for a table tag in FrameMaker.
>
> Right now, I am handling a migration work where the existing content has
> to be transformed to a different template. For which, this option would be
> handy.
>
> Because if this is feasible, then I can use the Find/Replace - "By
> Pasting" option and I will be able to convert all the tables in one go as
> opposed to applying the table tag by individually selecting each table from
> the document.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Dixit Ponnukasu