Hi, John.

This is a complete SWAG here.

Maybe it is unable to run the program “DCL.EXE” which is in the
<omsyshome>\Omsys\system\common\bin folder (of course, <omsyshome> is likely
different for you).

So, have you made sure that your search path in Windows is set to include the
<omsyshome>\Omsys\system\common\bin folder, perhaps (and that the dcl.exe file
is present in that folder … although I think you said you checked this already)?

You can verify this by using a Windows Command Prompt to see if you can
manually execute that program, or it says it is not recognized.

Here is the example from my system (which is my own DOS program that emulates
the Unix equivalent ☺ … if you want a copy, please let me know).

C:\>which dcl
C:\home\Omsys\common\bin\dcl.exe

C:\>foobar
'foobar' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\>dcl
usage: dcl [-abx] [-lmp] [-v] [-f format] [-s source] [-t target] [-o output]
files...
  DCL format: -a ascii, -b binary, -x XDCL
  Endianness: -l little-endian (Intel), -m big-endian, -p PDP
  Verbosity: -v verbose
  Format: -f code, as in -f D for DITA; codes are:
    RTF: W Word, 8 Word8 up, P WordPerfect, H WinHelp4, 3 WinHelp3
    *ML: N HTML, X XHTML, G XML, D DITA, B DocBook, M MS HTML Help,
      C OmniHelp, E Eclipse Help, J JavaHelp, O Oracle Help for Java
  Source: -s dcl, dcb, dcx, mif, lst, xml
  Target: -t dcl, dcb, dcx, rtf, htm, xml
  Output: -o .ext, -o \path, or -o \path\file.ext

If the command is unable to find the dcl program, then you may have a Windows
path that is missing the Omsys common bin folder. After you add it in, please
do make sure to log out and log back in for the environment variables to get
read again.

Hope this helps!