The latest version of Mif2Go on the web site works for me for FrameMaker 12 ...
I had to make a few minor changes to a few files (I also only use it to
generate RTF) for my situation.

Here are the gory details - maybe they will help, but I would be surprised,
since my changes were pretty simple really.

First, here are my differences in
%omsyshome%\common\local\config\local_omsys.ini (comparing my version to the
distributed file):

1:    94> HelpCopyright=Aeris Communications, Inc.
2:    94> HelpCopyright=Omni Systems
1:    98> ViewOutputCommand="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office15\WINWORD.EXE" /mLoadD2gRtfFile
2:    98> ViewOutputCommand="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE" /mLoadD2gRtfFile

The Copyright line is obvious - it has my company name rather than Omni
Systems. The other difference is not as obvious ... changes the directory from
Office14 to Office15 for the Word executable on my system.

Second, I changed the default location for Mif2Go stuff in my documents.  Here
are the additional lines in %omsyshome%\m2g\local\config\local_m2g_config.ini:

1:     8> [Setup]
1:     9> LocalConfigPath=.\_config\
1:    10>
1:    11> [Automation]
1:    12> ShipPath=.\_ship
1:    13>
1:    14> [End]

Basically, I prefer my Mif2Go related files to be "one subdirectory below"
where I edit my FM documents ... not in parallel (as is the default, as I
recall), since I keep versions of FM documents there. The two additional
entries above provide that.