Hi Framers,

I am using a tool to compare XML files that writes a comparison file
with simple change marks (start and end for "added" / "deleted").
With XSLT, I transform the markers to regular condition markers which
can be read by FrameMaker and which will cause the text to be shown in
green color/underline or red color/strikethrough.

Now, in the case that one sentence not only contains this constellation
one single time:
--> "deleted-end" marker is immediately followed by an "added-start"
marker

but two or more times, something strange happens.

The first occurence is ok (maybe also the second).
In the second (or third) and all other occurences with this
constallation, the red color/strikethrough will continue further into
the "added" part until the "added" text ends, which gives a mixed color,
a kind of olive-green, instead of the pure green; also underlining and
strikethrough are both present.

If I edit the XML comparison file before opening in FM and put a space
between the "deleted-end" marker and the following "added-start" marker
in the second occurence, here the color will display correctly, and
furthermore also in the other occurences (where nothing has been
changed).

I am not sure if this happens exactly this way all the time...

Is this a known bug? I checked with FM 8 and FM 12, both are wrong (at
least, some times).
And what can I do here besides inserting spaces between the markers? Any
ideas?

Thank you - Tino Haida

(Enclosed a sample of the incorrect display.)