From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of mkopen
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 11:22 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Frame 8-compatible file format?

I transfer files between Frame 12 and Frame 8 every week without a problem;
in Frame 12, I save as v.12 *.mif. These mif file open reliably in Frame 8
every time (and Unicode encoding is maintained, as was pointed out already).
-- The message console lets you admire all that nutritious Frame 12 code
that Frame 8 excretes as unpalatable. As mentioned, I've yet to encounter a
problem. -- Would be nice if I could set the default save format to, mif.
Cheers,
Mike

Framers,
A little googling did not clarify anything for me, so I thought I'd ask
here.
I'm on Frame 8; none of the added features in subsequent releases seemed
relevant enough to me to justify upgrading (and it works fine for me on
Windows 7).
The issue I have is that I need to send some manuals out for quote to be
translated, and I want to make sure that the files they send back to me, can
be opened in Frame 8. (I figured it's better to clarify upfront, rather than
chance running into issues later. I have no idea what the translation
companies are able to provide, but Murphy dictates that if I don't clarify,
I'll run into issues.)...
<<<

Michael Heine
University of Western Ontario