On 9 Jan 2015 at 8:18, tom.beiswen...@emhartglass.com wrote:

> 1) I would like to have a thin border around all graphic frames, but
> can't find anything within the FM help menus that tells me how to do
> this.
Just use the graphic tools (line width, pen pattern, colour) to apply a border to the frame:
graphic

> 2) I want to have the figure capture underlined; however, when I
> choose "underline" in the paragraph designer (not numeric), the line
> is too close to the descenders in words containing g, y, p, etc. Is
> there a way to adjust the position of the underline so that it is just
> below a character's descender?

If you use underline (math) you get a better appearance than with standard underlining. Yes, there no screw to turn the distance of the line...
graphic

HTH
Klaus Daube

Docu + Design Daube; Schäracher 11; CH-8053 Zürich
Technical documentation & consultancy; On-line and paper
F: +41-44-422 86 25  E: d...@daube.ch  W: www.daube.ch