From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Heiko Haida
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 2:25 PM
To: Fred Ridder
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Acrobat X: Manually sending a Shared Review

Hi Fred,

I was also thinking of the fact that Acrobat will use a PDF file with some
modifications, like the comment function readied for Adobe Reader, not the
original file.
(This is a useful service and you would have to keep this in mind if your doing
it without Acrobat.)

But you are right, of course it is possible to share the file and start a
review-cycle the old-fashioned way, only -- probably -- this will not be so
"effortless".
To me, the server-based workflow seems to be better suited for a quick and
efficient review than the email-based workflow.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Fred Ridder:
I don't think that's entirely true, Tino.
You can still do a email-based PDF review with an unsupported mail system, but
it's not automatic and it probably won't be integrated back to the FrameMaker
source (I don't know about this last because I've never tried it).
The process involves exporting the comments from the PDF that each reviewer
sends and then importing those comments into the master review PDF. Look in the
Options menu for the Comments List section of the Comments tool palette (or
whatevertheheck Adobe calls it...) for the "Export All as Data File" and
"Import Data File" commands.
Not ideal, but it works, particularly if you keep the master file up to date
and in a shared location, and all the reviewers are good about grabbing the
latest copy of the master file before starting to add their own comments.

-Fred Ridder