Adobe posted an Extendscript-of-the-week quite awhile back that exported
embedded graphics to a subfolder and linked them back into the spot where they
were originally embedded. While not without flaws, it worked pretty well in
FrameMaker 11. It does not work in FM12, probably due to a .dll file that was
included with the script. Can any of you Adobe lurkers out there encourage
Adobe to update this script so that it works with FM12?

Just askin',

Craig
P.S. This script saved me a lot of time on Word conversions to FrameMaker where
the client wanted external graphics imported rather than the embedded ones we
got by default when opening the Word documents in FM.