From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Rick Quatro
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:15 AM
To: 'Tim Pann'; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Basic question: Book revision best practices

Hi Tim,

I prefer to do my versioning at the folder level. That way, I never have to
rename .book or .fm files. When I am ready for 1.1, I create a folder and copy
all of the 1.0 files to it. You can rename book components and FrameMaker will
resolve cross-references, etc. but I prefer filenames that I can leave
unchanged.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.