From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Tim Pann
Sent: February-05-15 11:55 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Basic question: Book revision best practices

Hello,

I'm a long-time lurker sometime poster. Not particularly active on the list
because my use of Frame is pretty limited. (I am a technical trainer and I do
not follow strict version control practices, so some of this will probably make
some folks on this list bristle.) But I would love some input on this
particular issue. I'm using Frame 9 on Windows 7 but I doubt that is relevant
here.

I have a book file that contains several chapters, a TOC, and a title page.
Very simple. The book is version 1.0. The book file and all other files contain
"v1-0" in the filename. All files have "Version 1.0" in the footer, and the
date of release.

Now I want to make changes, so it will become version 1.1. What do best
practices say to do? I assume save all content, TOC, and title files as new
"v1-1" files. Should I create a new "v1-1" book file into which the v1-1
content goes? Or should the book file itself be version agnostic?

Depending on answers to these questions I may have other questions so feel free
to be exhaustive. Or, if you can provide a link to such information all the
better.

Thank you,
Tim