For quick macro work or letter substitution and simple scripting, I suggest Macro Express. It is inexpensive. You can use it for quite complicated things, but I find it a bit cumbersome for that stuff. But it is quick and easy for the simple stuff.

For more involved scripting, another vote for AutoIt. I use it a lot. It has GUI building functions and I build little button bars to run my frequently and infrequently used macros (after a while I forget the shortcuts) and also to run my many framescript scripts.

Fred

--
 Fred Wersan
VT MAK, Principal Technical Writer 150 Cambridge Park Drive, 3rd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02140 857-209-3469 fwer...@mak.com Where Live, Virtual, and Constructive Simulation Meets the Web www.mak.com/weblvc