Thanks, Scott, but Silicon Prairie's Variable Tools did exactly what I needed.

Pat

________________________________
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] on behalf of Scott Prentice
[s...@leximation.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:09 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Print a list of variables?

Actually, I think a script is probably the easiest way.

Or .. you could download and install the trial of my FM2DITA plugin. One of the
commands is "Catalog Report" which will generate a list of most styles,
formats, and named objects (of which variable definitions are one) in the
current document.

    http://leximation.com/tools/info/fm2dita.php

Most of the commands in this plugin will limit the amount of processing you can
do with the trial, but I'm pretty sure that this command has no such
limitations. It'll give you 30 days to do what you want .. so it might be worth
the effort to install. Just run the installer and get a trial auth code ..
don't bother with any of the other install instructions (unless of course you
want to try a DITA conversion).

Cheers,

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.