From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Craig Ede
Sent: March-23-15 3:31 PM
To: framers
Subject: removing space at the end of line

Thanks to Rick Quatro's excellent webinar on regular expression search and
replace some time back I was able to construct the following reg exp search
in FM 12 to remove a space occurring at the end of a line right before the
end of paragraph marker. I've been using for it for awhile. I'm sure others
have constructed something similar, but for those of you who don't want to
mess around and experiment:

Find: (?<=.) (?=\x0a)

Replace with nothing. Of course, the Regular Expressions option has to be
checked in the Find/Replace dialog.

Earlier versions of FrameMaker would allow you to replace a space followed
by an end of paragraph, but you had to replace with the paragraph marker.
That would result in your paragraph being formatted with the tag of the
following paragraph which was often not what you wanted.

Hope this is useful to someone out there. I find that Word conversions often
suffer from these extra spaces.

Thank you.

Craig