Hi Framers,

FM 10 (TCS 3.5), Win 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, i7 CPU

I have a two-page file that imports by reference 24 different small PNG files, many of them repeated several times, for a total of 75 images. The PNG files are each about 900 bytes in size, all located in a subfolder of the folder containing the file. When I open this document, FM takes about 5 seconds to display each graphic (5-6 minutes to open the entire file). All files are on a local 180 GB SSD.

I have converted all the PNG files to TIF and reimported into a copy of the file. The entire document opens in about 3 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with PNG? That format has become my standard output for most purposes, but I'll have to change that if there isn't a fix in FM.

Thanks,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator