I have seen this behaviour before,
I usually blamed it either on an anti-virus scanner that was scanning each PNG
as it was opened and/or some shenanigans on a network switch.

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:04:51 -0400
From: Stuart Rogers <srog...@phoenix-geophysics.com>
To: "'framers@lists.frameusers.com'" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: extremely slow PNG loading

Hi Framers,

FM 10 (TCS 3.5), Win 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, i7 CPU

I have a two-page file that imports by reference 24 different small PNG files,
many of them repeated several times, for a total of 75 images.
The PNG files are each about 900 bytes in size, all located in a subfolder of
the folder containing the file. When I open this document, FM takes about 5
seconds to display each graphic (5-6 minutes to open the entire file). All
files are on a local 180 GB SSD.

I have converted all the PNG files to TIF and reimported into a copy of the
file. The entire document opens in about 3 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with PNG? That format has become my
standard output for most purposes, but I'll have to change that if there isn't
a fix in FM.

Thanks,

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.