On 2015-Apr-02 3:37 PM, Harding, Dan wrote:

Version: FrameMaker 12, Unstructured.

When generating PDFs, Frame automatically converts (SOME!) URLs to hyperlinks, which is great, but it’s not an exact science, and I’d like to be able to fine tune some things globally rather than manually inserting and editing a zillion hypertext links:

1.Frame recognizes www.xxxxxxxx <http://www.xxxxxxxx> (without an http:// prefix) as a URL and converts it to a link. Fine. Spiffy. How do I get it to automatically recognize non-www domains, e.g. bit.ly, tinyurl.com, etc.? Where is this automatic conversion controlled?

2.Our formatting is such that we put urls in brackets, e.g., [www.fubar.com]. Problem: Frame automatically appends the closing bracket to the URL when creating the link, which of course breaks the link. Only the opening bracket, not the opening bracket. Adding a space, e.g., [ www.fubar.com <http://www.fubar.com> ] does not fix the problem.

3.If I wanted to disable automatic link conversion in creation of the PDF (yet maintain conversion of manually created hypertext markers), where and how would I do this?

Thanks,

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Seems you've run into this before! http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2010-September/021218.html