Well in all fairness, that was 5 years and 3 versions ago. (a) I can’t remember
that far back, and (b) who knows, the process/settings may have changed in the
interim.

-Dan

From: Stuart Rogers [mailto:srog...@phoenix-geophysics.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 3:03 PM
To: Harding, Dan; framers
Subject: Re: Controlling FrameMaker automatic link generation

On 2015-Apr-02 3:37 PM, Harding, Dan wrote:
Version: FrameMaker 12, Unstructured.

When generating PDFs, Frame automatically converts (SOME!) URLs to hyperlinks,
which is great, but it’s not an exact science, and I’d like to be able to fine
tune some things globally rather than manually inserting and editing a zillion
hypertext links:

1.      Frame recognizes www.xxxxxxxx<http://www.xxxxxxxx> (without an http://
prefix) as a URL and converts it to a link. Fine. Spiffy. How do I get it to
automatically recognize non-www domains, e.g. bit.ly, tinyurl.com, etc.? Where
is this automatic conversion controlled?

2.      Our formatting is such that we put urls in brackets, e.g.,
[www.fubar.com<http://www.fubar.com>]. Problem: Frame automatically appends the
closing bracket to the URL when creating the link, which of course breaks the
link. Only the opening bracket, not the opening bracket. Adding a space, e.g.,
[ www.fubar.com<http://www.fubar.com> ] does not fix the problem.

3.      If I wanted to disable automatic link conversion in creation of the PDF
(yet maintain conversion of manually created hypertext markers), where and how
would I do this?

Thanks,

-Dan

Hi Dan,