DITA is a standard for producing documentation.

Frame, Flare, and a small herd of other editors can create documents that
support the DITA standards.

So you're kind of asking an apples and oranges question -- one doesn't
equal the other; the editors all have different ways of producing content
that adheres to one or move of the DITA versions.
________________
And when you're talking about modifying "their" templates, are you talking
about DITA templates or Flare?

Flare's, generally, are based on cascading style sheets with some weird
twists; they are customized for the particular output "target" -- online
help, PDF, what have you, so an H1 will likely be different sizes, fonts,
and so on depending on what output format you're creating

Art Campbell
          art.campb...@gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.