There are a number of people on this list (I believe) who have dealt with issues using FM12 on retina MacBook Pro laptops. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it's well beyond the "compatible" resolution for FM. You might search the archives for "retina" or perhaps those people will chime in with their experiences.

Good luck!
...scott