From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Caroline Tabach
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:53 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Help Creation Flow and Upgrading from version 7.2 to the latest version

Hi,

At the moment we are using FrameMaker 7.2 and ePublisher Pro version 9.2 to
create PDF files, and a collections of help files which are mostly html,  with
2 or 3 .chm files

The applications mostly run on Internet Explorer (and the .chm files are for
the 2 that are not over IE).

I would like to upgrade our applications as they do not really run on my
current operating system and because I want to also produce more modern output.

I need to make PDF, ePub, Responsive html and .chm.

What do you all recommend?
Is FrameMaker 12 enough to use stand alone?

Do I need ePublisher Pro or RoboHelp?

How would I go about importing my Frame 7.2 files into Frame 12.
Does it support them or would I need to save as MIF and then open the MIF files.
I have quite a lot of user guides.

 To what extent will FrameMaker let me change the design?

What is the learning curve from 7.2 to 12?

thanks

Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer
e-mail: carol...@radcom.com
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/keith.soltys%40tmx.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail, including all materials contained in or
attached to this e-mail, contains proprietary and confidential information
solely for the internal use of the intended recipient. If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise
and ensure that it is permanently deleted from your systems, and do not print,
copy, distribute or read its contents.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ Le présent courriel, y compris tous les documents qu'il
contient ou qui y sont joints, renferme des renseignements exclusifs et
confidentiels destinés uniquement à l'usage interne du destinataire prévu. Si
vous avez reçu le présent courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser
immédiatement, notamment par retour de courriel, et vous assurer qu'il est
supprimé de façon permanente de vos systèmes; veuillez également vous abstenir
d'imprimer, de copier, de distribuer ou de lire son contenu.